Wednesday, August 5, 2009

1 week

One week from tonight I will be on a plane headed to Frankfurt and then to Ghana. It gets very interesting and alittle scarey when you start packing for a year. Everyone asks me if I am nervouse. I guess I am alittle. I worry about little things like, "when will I eat" when I get there, do I have sheets and towels, what kind of furniture do I have, what is my roomate like as so on. Then I start looking around and wondering what I will miss; my husband, kids, family, friends and Melvin (the dog). I will probably miss the green in Oregon and the cool breezes, the convienences and snack food.
But I really believe that God has so much waiting for me that even though I miss alot here, I will find plenty to love there too. I am looking forward to the children and to learning what it means to live without all our "necessities" and depending more on God. I am excited about seeing a people that are on fire for God and hopefully children that are excited about learning. I am sure that it will be a growing experience in many ways.
So as I pack my two 50lb bags, continue to pray that God will lead me safely and that I will see and learn all that God wants me to see and learn and that I will be able to share it with all of you in a way that helps us all learn from this.
Thanks for the prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment